Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Mini Album

I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out because these papers by Graphic 45 are a little out of the box for me but this may be my fav mini yet. I really do love their papers but I usually get stumped when I try to do anything with them.  Maybe my creative juices were in overdrive this week or something.  The other challenge that I had was I didn't allow myself to buy anything (with the exception of the paper) new to complete this.  I had to rely only on what I had in my stash. 

The book itself is a series of pockets that are "hinged" together with each other and a flap.  I was actually watching a youtube video by Kathy at Paper Phenomenon where she used paper bags to create the flaps but I didn't have of those nice ones that you can buy at Michaels.  I only have the bulk variety from Costco and they didn't really work well for this.  Anyway, I came up with a way to recreate the pocket and flaps and get a similar look.  I also switched it to a portrait orientation rather than landscape.

Despite it's size (5x7), the book has a ton of space for photos and journaling.  I also added pockets and envelopes to some of the pages.   Each page main page is also a pocket but I haven't complete those tags yet.  All in all there are 16 4x6 tags and a couple of smaller ones as well.  The one improvement I would make for my next one is a better binding method.  Once I got all the embellishments and tags in, the book doesn't really close nicely.  Oh well!

So here it is...


Cover

Inside cover and 1st Page

Fully Extended Page
Pocket Page



Inside Book with Flaps Folded



Inside book with fully extended flaps


Thanks for stopping by!

-karen



 



2 comments:

  1. This turned out beautiful! I really like it, and the flaps and pockets are what I love in minis...lots of interaction. Thanks for visiting our blog and giving me the link to the video...I had never seen it before! I was pretty close in figuring it out!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's fabulous work!!!! Way to go ...I really love the colors and the rosettes.

    ReplyDelete